Wednesday, November 16, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving! Days 14-16

Ok, I'm not so good at daily blogging (could you tell?), but I am pretty decent at blogging every few days (some is better than none, right?). For days 14 - 16 of our wonderful 30 days of Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for...

COFFEE!

Mocha Love from Victor's Celtic Coffee, Redmond, WA

Well, actually, it's more of an espresso thankfulness. It started back in high school, way back when Hootie & The Blowfish still blew, I mean sang, together, and Alanis was choking on her Jagged Little Pill. Starbucks opened in our neighboring town in the mid-90's. It was a beautiful little shop - glossy wood (real wood) floors, bright white painted displays... really classy (and very similiar to my own kitchen today!). Best part was, when I could snag a ride down there, it was never really busy - you know, back before Starbucks became the Taco Bell of coffee (lame).

Today, my tastes have developed. I've met some pretty incredible people in the industry, including in the Specialty Coffee Association of America. Espresso-making is a pretty complicated feat, at least GOOD espresso-making is. It's suprisingly similiar to wine making, beans instead of grapes, of course.

One of my favorite things to do is explore new coffee places, especially when visiting my family in the Seattle area, where there are plenty to choose from. I'll close with some pictures from my latest adventures (enjoy!):

Caffe Rococo, Kirkland, WA

Caffe Rococo, Kirkland, WA
Cafe Besalu, Seattle (Ballard), WA

No comments: