Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3, Thirty Days of Thanksgiving... Healthy Yumminess

Day 3 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving has come and almost gone. Today I was thankful for...

Mother's Market.
(Picture from Mother's Market website.)

It's a grocery store with locations throughout Orange County that specialize in local, organic and generally healthy fare, including plenty of non-GMO, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, low carbohydrate, low-glycemic, low-fat and low-salt products. They also have a little restaurant, where I can get fantastic smoothies and a mean lentil loaf. It's like a Whole Foods on the local - and cheaper - level.

Tonight, I brought home a premade vegetable lasagna from a company based in San Diego County and garlic bread (yes, I'm too lazy to make garlic bread myself) from Los Angeles County. Feels good to support local - sure was tasty, too!

The only bad thing about our nearby location is that it's in Laguna Woods, previously known as Leisure World... a very large 65+ retirement community. Park and walk at your own risk! I'm not saying all residents are bad drivers, but it only takes one. I've learned that lesson the hard way. :-(

Yay, Mother's Market! Check them out!

http://www.mothersmarket.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/mothers-market-laguna-woods

No comments: