Sunday, November 6, 2011

Days 4, 5 & 6 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving!

Today is Day 6 of the 30 Days of Thanksgiving Blog Challenge. I think this challenge has beaten me already! Days 4 and 5 flew by in a blur... I'll make this a really important one, big enough to encompass three days (and then some)!

For Days 4-6, I am thankful for... FAMILY!

I come from a huge extended family (my mom has four sisters!). We all may have our ups and downs, but I know I will always have a strong, large support system with people who love me and will be there for me when I need them (and vice versa!).

I am especially thankful for grandparents! Though my maternal grandmother passed away four years ago, I can still hear her say, "I love you, I'm so proud of you" in my ear, like it was just yesterday. I miss her hugs and phenomenial German cooking (peach kuchen, anyone?).

My Grandparents' Wedding, 1938
(Sadly, my grandfather passed away when my mother was a baby.)
My paternal grandmother, is alive & kicking. Even at 87 years old, she's more active than I am! She's very popular at her independent-living retirement community, and quite fashionable, too - she often wears the little Lucy flowers I make her in her hair or attached to a sweater. Originally from Sydney, Australia, she moved to the US after meeting my grandfather, part of the US Army, over there during WWII. My grandma also taught me to sew, crochet and knit. : )


Grandma in Australia, WWII

Family rocks! Go call yours!

No comments: