Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankfulness for Day 7 (Thirty Days of Thanksgiving), MC Hammer-style

In his 1990 super hit song, "U Can't Touch This," MC Hammer sings:

"My, my, my music hits me so hard
Makes me say "Oh my Lord"
Thank you for blessing me
With a mind to rhyme and two hype feet."

While my music doesn't hit me hard, nor do I have a mind that can even remotely rhyme, and especially two very un-hype feet, I do thank the Lord for blessing me with the ability to sew and make money doing something I truly enjoy doing!


I stumbled across making accessories at the beginning of this year, quite by accident. I was trying to fill the time on a very cold and rainy day while visiting my parents up in the Seattle area. After finding a magazine article about fabric yoyo's, I thought it'd be fun to try. In June, I started selling them, as well as fabric flower accessories, and haven't looked back since.

Before this, I wasn't really a crafty person. The fact that I can make these accessories, have them come out like they do and be able to sell them still kinda stupefies me. I take it as my DNA kicking in, and a big heap of blessing from the Good Lord.

I guess my version of MC Hammer's song would be:

"My, my, my [accessories] hit me so hard
Make me say "Oh my Lord"
Thank you for blessing me
With a mind to [design] and two hype [um, hands]."

Not so good, but that's my un-rhyming mind for you...

For giggles, here's the "U Can't Touch This" video (you know you used to do the Running Man to it):

No comments: