Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Featured Boutique: Sienna Grace Jewelry

I'm so excited to introduce you to one of my new favorite jewelry makers! She creates classic, versatile, beautiful pieces, infused with plenty of artistry and flair. Her work can be found in boutiques along California's Central Coast, as well in her Etsy shop. Through The Artisan Group - a wonderful group dedicated to "introducing Hollywood to the best of the handcrafted movement" (which we're both a part of) - her pieces have been gifted to celebrities at the GBK Oscars and Primetime Emmys Gift Lounges, the MTV Movie Awards, and the Cannes Film Festival. She's even had her necklaces appear on the "Elena" character of The CW's hit television show, The Vampire Diaries. Come along with me as we get to know the talented and super-fun Cindy Arnet, the designer behind Sienna Grace Jewelry.

Sienna Grace's Hand Stamped Initial Necklace
Business Name:  Sienna Grace Jewelry
Date Business Opened:  2006
What Do You Sell:  Handcrafted Jewelry
Etsy Shop:  www.siennagrace.com

Tell a bit about yourself. I live on the Central Coast of California with my husband, 15 year old son, and my 6 year old miniature dachshund. My older son is a sophomore in college.
Ming Pottery Shard Necklace

How did you get started with your craft? Any specific inspiration? One of the very first pieces of jewelry I designed, was a necklace that I made for a friend's birthday. I found a beautiful pendant with the image of a cherry blossom on it, and thought how pretty it would be as a necklace. I quickly got to work, and made my first (of many) Ming pottery shard necklaces. A local boutique owner saw it on my friend, and asked her where she got it. Before I knew it, I was in her shop, setting up my first trunk show. Through her mentoring and encouragement, I found an inner desire to keep creating, and ultimately grow as an artist. I am constantly inspired by the beauty of all that surrounds me.  

What’s the story behind your business’ name? Before I became a mom, I thought that if I ever had a daughter, Sienna was such a lovely name. Since I had two boys, this name would not get to be utilized. I also believe that without God’s grace, we really couldn’t get by, so Sienna Grace was ultimately created. 

As Seen on The CW's "The Vampire Diaries," Elena's Swarovski Crystal Necklace
What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products? I like to produce easy to wear jewelry, which can be worn when you are dressed up or dressed down. Sometimes, you may even find a touch of whimsy in my designs. I make quality pieces using the best components that I can afford, while keeping my prices affordable. I believe in providing ongoing communication with my customers from beginning to end. Basically, I treat others as I would like to be treated, when making a purchase for myself or someone special in my life. 

Do you have any particular rituals when you create? I put on good music, take a deep breath, and make sure that I’ve had an adequate amount of coffee. 
Swarovski Crystal & Opal 
Drop Earrings

Talk about your three favorite pieces in your shop. I think my first favorite would have to be my Mother’s Birthstone Keepsake Necklace. It is a special piece, with each birthstone representing the birth month of a child. I once made one for a grandmother with 14 gemstones. I enjoy making anything personalized, a recently added some hand stamped, personalized pieces to my shop. The personalized initial necklace is really lovely and also makes a perfect gift for a wedding party. I think if I had to choose one more, it would be any of my Herkimer Diamond designs. These stones are incredibly sparkly and lovely to work with. 
Mother's Birthstone Keepsake Necklace, Cindy's Favorite Piece

What do you like best about having your business?  I think that for me, the freedom to create and bring beauty to the world, is such a wonderful feeling. The fact that I can do it all from my home studio is just the icing on the cake.

When/where do you come up with new designs? Inspiration comes in many forms. I used to be a flight attendant for 25 years, and have seen many amazing things in this world. My family and I still travel when time allows, from the beautiful waters of the Mediterranean to the stained glass panels of some of the most breathtaking cathedrals in the world, I find inspiration in a wide variety of things. I always have my Ideas journal handy. 

Her Lovely Herkimer
Diamond Necklace

Do you ever suffer from "designer's"-block?  If so, what do you do about it? Of course I do! When this happens, I don’t push it. I’ll go to the gym, take the dog for a walk, or just look and some of my gem ‘stash’ and see where it takes me. Just when I think I can’t come up with anything new, somehow, the fog lifts and I start the process all over again. 

Any new projects/designs in the pipeline?  I just started looking at some of my stones the other day, and thought that I should begin getting some ideas together for fall. Didn’t summer just start?!

Orange Lucite Flower Earrings (adorbs!)
What's the best piece of advice given to you about running your business? Design what makes you happy. What do you enjoy doing in your off time? Hitting the gym to clear my head, then coming home to watch my dog chase bubbles. I like entertaining my dear friends, and family, all while enjoying a glass of a good oaky, buttery, Chardonnay. 

What would people be most surprised to learn about you? I am fiercely loyal, almost to a fault. 

What is your favorite food/favorite restaurant? I would eat Sushi everyday if I could afford to. 

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you? Betty White. She’s quit witted, sharp as a tack, and doesn’t take any grief from anybody.

Blue Swarovski Crystal Necklace (One of My Favs!)

A giant "Thank You" to Cindy for her time! Make sure to check out the many amazing pieces available at Sienna Grace Jewelry's Etsy Shop... Stop by Sienna Grace's Facebook page, too, and tell her Sadie Bloom Designs sent you. :-) Cheers!

*******************************************************

2 comments:

Sienna Grace Jewelry said...

Thank you so much, Marisa! Honored to be chosen for such a lovely feature :)

Marisa said...

You are so welcome! Thanks again!